Friday, January 31, 2014

Week 15 - Some of My "Lasts"

This week was the first of two weeks of exams , but I only had one exam this week which was for my medical imaging course. However we still had the BCI project to work on and were running tests all day on Monday (unfortunately the results weren't as promising as before). I enjoyed Skyping with my parents again on Tuesday and the rest of my time was spent studying for my exam. The exam was in the morning and all multiple choice (which is not typical for DTU). The instructions were given in Danish, but the guy next to me helped translate. We had two hours but I nearly finished it in one and then carefully went through it a second time. After all this counted for 60% of my grade (the other 40% was from our report). This was only the beginning of my day because I met with the prayer group, met with Helge sometime afterward, and then with my life group in the evening. Daniel had prepared the dinner and we discussed Matthew 5 and 6. I heard from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and they were interested in interviewing me so we decided to set the interview for the end of the next week because my exams went until Thursday. I had lunch with my imaging group on Friday (which I was an hour late to because it was at 13:30 instead of 3:30 PM). Later I composed a cover letter specifically for the position at CHOP and sent it along. I worked on the BCI report for a while on Saturday, but then biked off to Copenhagen for a Christian Center Christmas party at Jessy's. We enjoyed sharing memories and future plans, but later had to say goodbye because many of us were leaving Denmark soon (we enjoyed the Danish treats too, but not as much as each other's company). Of my many lasts (the things which I would never do in Denmark again) it was my last time ushering at the Christian Center as well as my last time preparing food for the young adults group. I went out with Sam to gather the ingredients and then we got to work with quite a bit of help from the others waiting for the meal. The main course was a soup with fish served over rice. We almost made caramel corn (which I had gotten the ingredients for), but someone brought ingredients to make a Danish apple dessert which we decided would be better. I guess I couldn't think of a better way to say goodbye than to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment